Fortresses and castles in Thermenland Styria
A journey of discovery through Thermenland Styria is also always a journey into the past, for hardly any other region in Austria has so many castles and fortresses.
- The Kapfenstein "wine chateau" perches majestically on an extinct volcano.
- The imposing Riegersburg fortress houses a witch museum and also stands on a volcanic mountain.
- The temporary exhibitions in Kornberg Castle are a popular tourist attraction.
- Obermayerhofen Castle has made a name for itself as a venue for weddings.
- The most recent attraction is Thaller Castle, a wine culture centre in Thermenland Styria.